Iowa Interstate SIPE and PESI 2-17-24

Late this morning before leaving home for the downtown library, I learned that an Iowa Interstate freight had passed Putnam enroute to Peoria. I had time for a few planned errands before heading north on Rt. 29. I didn't have to drive very far before encountering a short PESI on perfect light! Given the short consist, I figured a run was being made mainly for a larger outbound. 


CAPTION: Iowa Interstate Railroad manifest SIPE (Silvis IL to Peoria IL) rolls by San Koty Lane near Peoria Heights, Illinois early afternoon Saturday, February 17, 2024. IAIS 718 and IAIS 712 have 17 cars. 

I calculated that counterpart PESI would be departing East Peoria around 1600 hours, and I was correct. The train wasn't as long as I figured it would be but steel coil loads and alcohol shipments have greater priority than distillers dried grain (grain mash) empties. 


CAPTION: Iowa Interstate Railroad manifest PESI (Peoria IL to Silvis IL) rolls across the Tazewell & Peoria Railroad's Illinois River Bridge late-afternoon Saturday, February 17, 2024. Later, the train is on home rails at San Koty. IAIS 712 and IAIS 718 have 61 cars. 

David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)