Abraham Lincoln Capital Airport 3-30-24

My first attempt was a little clumsy.

Breeze Airways, an Ultra Low-Cost Carrier (ULCC), began serving Springfield in early December with twice-weekly nonstops to both Orlando and Tampa.

I had to wait nearly four months to see the action. That's because initial service was on weekday mornings. Orlando flights started on Mondays and Fridays but shifted to Wednesdays and Saturdays in mid-January. This gave me hope, but freezing weather or fog thwarted my plans into February. 

Then the schedule for Orlando turnarounds switched to evenings. I had to wait until Daylight Savings Time went into affect March 10 before sufficient sunshine would be available. 

I got down there too late to capture an American Eagle CRJ200 on approach to Runway 22, and though the Breeze Airways jet might follow the same approach. It was too late to change locations when I discovered it was on final for Runway 31. 

Whatever happened afterward required some creativity. Next time, I will do better. 


CAPTION: Action at Springfield, Illinois' Abraham Lincln Capital Airport, Saturday evening, March 30, 2024. I missed the arrival of an Air Wisconsin dba American Eagle Canadair CRJ200 from Chicago-O'Hare but managed to snap an image of it from a distance. I also missed the arrival of a Breeze Airways Airbus A220-300 from Orlando, but did get video of it taxiing onto the terminal apron, images at the terminal and departing on Runway 31. 

- David P. Jordan

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)