Keokuk Junction Rwy. EP Turn 3-27-24

Enroute to the downtown library this afternoon, I picked up some radio chatter on the Tazewell & Peoria Railroad yard channel. I couldn't make out much of what was said, so I had to investigate. Turns out, the Keokuk Junction Railways East Peoria turn was building its outbound train in the East Peoria Yard.

I went ahead to the library, but left a little early, figuring I could shoot video of it after pulling Union Pacific interchange at Collier Yard. I should have left earlier for that, because I found the train crossing Cilco Lane at Sommer. Notably, the train had 19 boxcars dominating a 26-car pickup from UP. 

The train headed west a short time later, reported going through Canton at 2050 hours. 


CAPTION: The Keokuk Junction Railway's Mapleton-E. Peoria Turn is shown  on its return leg at the Route 9 crossing near Hollis, Illinois early-evening Wednesday, March 27, 2024. A short time later, it is shown at Kolbe (Mapleton) where it stops for switching before heading west. LTEX 3010, PREX 2018 and LTEX 6437 have an impressive 60 cars.

- David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)