TP&W Local at Kolbe 3-18-24

I happened to catch this local early evening leaving Kolbe for Colllier Yard. Given the late hour, I wonder if it an extra EPX1 rather than the usual EP1 symbol? 

Cars appear to be either tallow empties from Evonik, corn syrup empties and sorbitol loads from Ingredion, and an "environmentally hazard liquid" empty (UN 3082) on the rear, which I'm guessing is from Evonik.

Not since I saw a southbound the local the evening of July 18, 2023 have I seen any indication of foundry sand traffic moving to Caterpillar's foundry. I'd like to know what is going on with that. 


CAPTION: A Toledo, Peoria & Western Railway local runs along the Keokuk Junction Railway as it departs the Kolbe (Mapleton), Illinois area early-evening Monday, March 18, 2024. TZPR 2133 has 15 cars for Collier Yard at Bartonville...and beyond. 

David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)