Union Pacific Coal MTs, MCLPE 3-24-24

Late afternoon last Sunday, I noticed Union Pacific's MCLPE switching its train into Adams Street Yard.

I've seen or heard of an early trip happening for this train in recent months. Normally, it is called at Clinton late Sunday PM and runs overnight, arriving at Adams Street before sunrise. Now if a Decatur coal train has to get through, MCLPE ties up at Edelstein. In that case, the LPD01 crewbrings it in later in the day. 

So I wondered if I could catch MCLPE this Sunday afternoon. Sure enough, an empty northbound coal train pulled into Edelstein Siding to await passage of a southbound...


CAPTION: An empty northbound coal train enters Edelstein Siding late-afternoon Sunday, March 24, 2024. UP 6649 and UP 5658 have 118 cars. UP 5364 is DPU. This train will wait for the passage of MCLPE, which came by shortly.

...which happened to be MCLPE. I caught it at the Oertly Road crossing and again off Kickapoo Creek Road by the Harman Highway overpass. I don't know if this is a new schedule, but two Sundays in a row will likely give me an incentive to be trackside on those days when I can be from now on. 

I may have to check Wednesday afternoons for the normal Thursday arrival as well...


CAPTION: Union Pacific train MCLPE (Manifest, Clinton IA to Peoria, IL) rolls by Edelstein Siding late-afternoon Sunday, January 24, 2024. Later, the train passes the Harman Highway/Rt. 116 bridge near Peoria. UP 8950 and UP 7099 have 38 cars for Adams Street Yard.

- David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)