Canadian National Gluten Feed Train 4-24-24

I left work two hours early this afternoon so I could visit the Illinois State Library in Springfield. It seems to be the last one which possesses a copy of both the 1985 and 1987 Illinois Rail Plan Updates. 

I left around 4:00 and followed CN's Gilman Sub to Mount Pulaski. I knew northbound local L556 often can be seen here in late-afternoon, so I decided it was worth a shot. 

When I arrived town, there was no sign of the train having been there (a few cars for Gilman Sub customers were parked near the Rt. 54 overpass, but I figured I was early anyway. 

I went to Casey's gas station for a little bit and then headed south of Rt. 121. The train appeared before I even reached Latham...


CAPTION: A northbound Canadian National Railway train out of Decatur, Illinois rolls northbound near Mount Pulaski, Rt. 121 near Lincoln, Delavan and 5th Street near South Pekin late-afternoon Wednesday, April 24, 2024. CN 8009 and KCS 4185 have 100 gluten feed loads for BNSF via the Tazewell & Peoria Railroad's Pekin double track. Train was operating on a day and time usually run by L556 (Local, Decatur IL to E. Peoria IL). 

- David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)