Iowa Interstate SIPE, IMRR Transfer 4-7-24

I learned that a southbound Iowa Interstate freight had passed Sparland around 10:39 this morning, so after leaving church, I drove directly downtown, figuring I could beat it there. 

As it wasn't anywhere in sight, I headed to the Limit Yard where I found it stopped so the conductor could line switches for continued movement along the Tazewell & Peoria Railroad's Uptown Division. 

Rain showers dictated that I used the Murray Baker Bridge for cover. 

I think it worked out pretty well. 


CAPTION: Iowa Interstate Railroad manifest SIPE (Silvis IL to Peoria IL) rolls along the Tazewell & Peoria Railroad's "Uptown Division" under Interstate 74/Murray Baker Bridge in downtown Peoria, Illinois on a rainy early-Sunday afternoon, April 7, 2024. IAIS 719 and IAIS 716 have 31 cars. 

I went home, at lunch and uploaded the video, planning to return to East Peoria in time to capture Iowa Interstate's PESI departing. 

I never saw it. I believe it already left by the time I arrived, or slipped out while I waited at Hilliards for an Illinois & Midland Railroad transfer back to Powerton. I also decided to cross the river on I-474 instead of the Cedar Street Bridge, which kept me from see it snake its way through Peoria's south side, assuming it lingered here that long.

I thought I heard the TZPR St. Albans dispatcher give the Iowa Interstate crew permission to depart as soon as barge traffic cleared, but I may have mistaken that for a Tazewell & Peoria Railroad local moving out of Kickapoo Yard to East Peoria with TZPR 1352 and eleven cars. (I later learned that PESI had passed Sparland at 1602 hours.)


CAPTION: An Illinois & Midland Railroad local rolls along the Tazewell & Peoria Railroad's Pekin double track main at Hilliards (Creve Coeur), Illinois mid-afternoon Sunday, April 7, 2024. TPW 2056 and IMRR 2108 have 37 cars - two plastic pellet loads for storage-in-transit or consigned to Shops Yard for transloading and 35 DDGS loads for the Crystal Lake barge loadout near Pekin. 

- David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)