Iowa Interstate SIPE, Keokuk Junction Rwy. Local 4-10-24

I left the library this evening know that Iowa Interstate train SIPE had departed Silvis a little after 1330 this afternoon. I figured I could stay until closing and then drive north on Rt. 29. Sure enough, I found the train rolling south of Chillicothe. A shot video at two locations and then heading through town to intercept a Keokuk Junction Railway local I learned had just departed East Peoria when I head north...


CAPTION: Iowa Interstate manifest SIPE (Silvis IL to Peoria IL) rolls through Mossville, Illinois early evening Wednesday, April 10, 2024. Later, it is shown at the old San Koty station area as it nears Peoria. IAIS 503 and IAIS 718 have 34 cars (21 loads, 13 empties). 

I caught up to the Keokuk Junction Railway local as it crossed CILCO Lane near Sommer. I figured I had time to make a left from US 24 onto Rt. 29, turned around and then park off road on northbound US 24. I didn't have to wait but a few minutes before the train was in view. The second unit, an ex-CN GP9RM, was a treat to see!


CAPTION: The Keokuk Junction Railway ran this East Peoria turn Wednesday afternoon, April 10, 2024. Shown approaching the Route 9 crossing near Hollis, Illinois (south of Bartonville) on its return leg west, LTEX 3836, PREX 4101, PREX 2018 and LTEX 6437 have 25 cars. The first three were pulled from the Union Pacific interchange at Collier Yard; the rest came from the Tazewell & Peoria Railroad. 

- David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)