TP&W Transfer, Iowa Interstate SIPE, Union Pacific Unit Ethanol Train - 4-27-24

On my way to the downtown library this morning, I noticed a TP&W train building a train at the west end of the East Peoria Yard. I figured it was close to departing, so I stopped off W. Washington Street. Sure enough, radio chatter confirmed my suspicions. 


CAPTION: A Toledo, Peoria & Western Railway East Peoria Switcher negotiates the curve toward the Tazewell & Peoria Railroad's East Peoria Yard to make a delivery late-morning Saturday, April 27, 2024. IORY 5014 has 32 cars. 

Waiting for the TP&W transfer to show itself, I had already received a heads up on Iowa Interstate's SIPE. As soon as the TP&W passed my position, I headed north along Rt. 29, encountering SIPE just before The Narrows. I turned around and set up at Lorentz Ave. 


CAPTION: Iowa Interstate Railroad manifest SIPE (Silvis IL to Peoria IL) enters the Tazewell & Peoria Railroad's Uptown Division at the North Limit Yard midday Saturday, April 27, 2024. IAIS 517 and IAIS 700 have 59 cars. 

At risk of missing Iowa Interstate's PESI, I decided to check on that Union Pacific ethanol train from earlier this morning. When I arrived South Pekin around 1500 hours, it was still there, but a crew was boarding where stopped just north of Chester L Road. I waited for departure and then chased it to Allen Station. 


CAPTION: A southbound unit ethanol train departs South Pekin, Illinois late-afternoon Saturday, April 27, 2024. Power runby scenes are at or near South Pekin and the Mackinaw River through truss bridge. The whole train is shown passin the Encompass Grain & Rail facility at Allen Station. CP 8142 and KCSM 4714 have 112 cars (including buffers on either end). UP 5418 is DPU. 

Turns out, Iowa Interstate's PESI left later than I thought, and I probably would could have seen it had I returned to Peoria. Instead, I decided to go home and mow my yard before the next round of thunderstorms this evening. 

- David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)