TZPR to TP&W Transfer, BNSF M-GALPEI 4-11-24

Despite the pouring rain, I decided it might be worth lingering in East Peoria this afternoon for a TZPR 1521 pulling a transfer to the TP&W. It took long enough to appear. Had it appeared moments after I arrived my spot just up from W. Washington Street, the rain would have held off just long enough...

I didn't stick around to see if TZPR 1521 returned with any cars, but I don't think it did. 



CAPTION: A Tazewell & Peoria Railroad Lead Job pulls across W. Washington Street in East Peoria late-afternoon Thursday, April 11, 2024. TZPR 1521 has 42 cars bound for the nearby TP&W yard. 

Later, I learned that BNSF Railway's M-GALPEI had passed Elmwood. I was actually eastbound on I-74 just past Carlock enroute to Bloomington's Public Library. I decided to turn around and head back west in hopes of beating the train to W. Farmington Road. I had 15 minutes to spare! Was it worth it...you decide. I stayed around to get some night video at Sanger Street. 

Radio chatter relayed that the M-GALPEI was to cross the river, run through the West Lead and drop its train on A-36. A 30-car M-PEIGAL was on A-41. The crew went on duty at 1100 this morning, and had just less than three hours when it arrived East Peoria, so it is unclear if the crew will just tie its units on the outbound and go off duty, or run as far west as possible. They couldn't make it back to the Galesburg terminal before hours of service expire. 

TZPR's 42-car delivery to TP&W this afternoon indicates that an M-EPEF will be built and probably run later tonight or sometime tomorrow. Will they wait for cars BNSF delivered to TZPR tonight? 


CAPTION: BNSF Railway train M-GALPEI (Manifest, Galesburg IL to Peoria IL) rolls by W. Farmington Road early evening Thursday. Later, it rolls by Sanger Street in Peoria, Illinois after dark. BNSF 8016 and BNSF 8096 have 48 cars. 
 
- David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)