Union Pacific MCLPE 4-21-24

I parked by W. Farmington Road late this afternoon, hoping Union Pacific's MCLPE would show up.

When I arrived, the position light signals displayed yellow. I could stay a little while, so I did. Eventually, I heard a distant horn.

The UP signal was still yellow, so I figured it was an eastbound BNSF train, but because of the shadows, I decided to cross the road. Then, I noticed the UP signal had changed to red for a northbound.

I heard a second horn blast, which was at Pottstown. Now I knew a Union Pacific southbound was approaching....


CAPTION: Union Pacific train MCLPE (Manifest, Clinton IA to Peoria IL) rolls by W. Farmington Road near the end of its journey to Adams Street Yard in Peoria, Illinois late-afternoon Sunday, April 21, 2024. UP 8950 and UP 7099 have 38 cars.
 

David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)