Tazewell & Peoria RR Local, Norfolk Southern D47

 List,

I was in the right place at the right time this afternoon to catch this movement. I found the first clearing with good lighting and took it. The tank cars were empty, so they are probably going to be spotted for loading at soybean oil tanks ("Cargill Oil Storage") adjacent MacroSource's North Pekin fertilizer mixing facility. The 18 covered hoppers are grain mash loads for ADM Grain Co's Hilliards (Creve Coeur) dock. I did not hear the train designation, but it might be Lead 3. I heard IMRR 43 as "Industry 4" enroute to Pekin a short time later. 


CAPTION: A Tazewell & Peoria Railroad local rolls down Main 2 through Wesley East enroute to Hilliards with cars for Cargill Oil Storage (c/o MacroSource) and ADM Grain Co. TPW 5008 has 20 cars.

I actually went into East Peoria because of this. 
 
Norfolk Southern train D47 arrived the Tazewell & Peoria Railroad's East Peoria Yard late Monday afternoon. Normally, D49 handles this business in the morning, but as I wrote in the caption below, severe storm damage and flooding in the Bloomington-Normal area late last week probably affected the railroad's operations, delayed trains and accumulated traffic. 


CAPTION: Norfolk Southern train D47 (Local Extra, Normal IL - E. Peoria IL) is shown departing East Peoria, Illinois after a short pause at Dolans Lane. This rare afternoon/evening turn to East Peoria was probably called to help dig out of a mess created by severe weather damage and flooding in Bloomington-Normal late last week. (Normally, D49, a daylight local, handles this work.) NS 7021, NS 6968 and NS 6972 have 82 cars.

Notably, BNSF's M-PEIGAL was strung out on the West Lead in East Peoria with locomotives on the point. I believe a re-crew was done, but I did not see the train's departure. 
 
- David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Union Pacific Re-Routes Freight Down Peoria Subdivision 2-16-18

PIA - A History: Events of 1991

PIA - A History: Events of 1980