Keokuk Junction, BNSF action for Thursday, February 25, 2021

The Keokuk Junction Railway local ran eastbound Tuesday, and probably made an East Peoria run Wednesday, so I figured it would go west Thursday morning.


I nearly missed my chance. 

When I arrived Kolbe after 0930, the train was missing, but there were cars parked nearby. So I went to Glasford. As I approached the crossing, the flashers activated and the train rolled in front of me. I turned around and set up just off Devil's Washboard Road. Video also shows it creeping through Canton. No work at Hitchcock on this day. PREX 2032-2040-2018 have 36 cars.



When I arrived back in Peoria, I saw BNSF Railway train M-GALPEI sitting at S. Darst Street, so I pulled off and parked on Krause Ave. Moments later, the train entered Tazewell & Peoria Railroad territory. BNSF 5660-8752 have 29 cars. Lack of nitrogen tank cars from Wever, Iowa makes for a short train. 



- David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)