TZPR Bridge Re-Opens 6-30-22!



Enroute to the downtown library this afternoon, I took a slight detour to check on the Tazewell & Peoria Railroad bridge.

It had been lowered. Good news. Forty days is a long time to be without this bridge. 

After leaving the library, I checked again and noticed a BNSF coal train sitting on the main at Darst Street. Shortly, I heard the crew radio the St. Albans dispatcher for instruction. He informed them that the bridge was open. 

Unfortunately, a derail wouldn't respond and a maintainer had to drive out to fix it. It took 1.5 hours for the coal train to finally begin moving across the river. 

I no one is offended that I didn't shoot the whole train. At 5 mph, that would have taken 15 minutes! 

- David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)