Union Pacific MPECL 6-3-22


This is the first MPECL I've caught since the TZPR's bridge issues disrupted normal interchange operations by the supporting LPD01 local. A later call time (1800 hours) looks to be consistent since Tuesday, May 24. 

I left the library just before 6:00pm, drove by and saw it stretched out onto the Low Line, same as when I drove by two hours earlier. So I got something to eat and returned to the scene 40 minutes later to find the train missing. I hit I-474 and then Route 6 so I didn't miss it, though had I followed Kickapoo Creek to Farmington Road, I probably would have caught it then. 

Social media contacts indicated the train hadn't yet passed Edelstein or Dunlap. So I waited at Pioneer Station, figuring it was still negotiating (or stalling on) the hill. Then I heard it. UP 8780 had 73 cars by my location at 1913 hours.  

- David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)