TP&W-BNSF Grain Extra 4-8-23

I caught it this morning on my way to the downtown library. 

As it blew for the N. Main Street crossing, I made a last-minute decision to shoot video along the Nickel Plate Division, which had a better sun angle. 

The train crew stopped to line a switch, so I had to shoot two videos and combine them. I assume BNSF will bring crew here later today to run this train west. 


CAPTION: A TP&W crew handles a unit grain train from Grainland Co-operative's Cruger elevator through East Peoria, Illinois late-morning Saturday, April 8, 2023. The train is bound for the Tazewell & Peoria Railroad double track at Wesley (Creve Ceour), where a BNSF crew will board for the trip west. CN 8809 and BNSF 5046 were on the point with BNSF 6973 as DPU.

- David P. Jordan 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)