Union Pacific Ballast Empties 9-17-23

I felt like Wile E. Coyote with the storm following me and the train...

When I arrived South Pekin, the train was sitting on the main track waiting for the crew to arrive. So I went to the local Casey's, used the facilities and bought a snack. Shortly after returning trackside, the crew arrived and it started to rain. I had to shoot from my car at Townline Road. 

I thought I had a chance of getting it again at Allen Station, so I waited out a heavier downpour before the train's arrival. It was still raining when it rolled by, so again I shot from my car. The first scene was done with my phone, the second with my new camera. Overcast and inclement weather aren't the best conditions for getting used to a camera. 


CAPTION: A southbound Union Pacific train of ballast empties (mostly) departs South Pekin, Illinois mid-afternoon Sunday, September 17, 2023. Later, the train rolls by Encompass Grain & Rail's Allen Station grain elevator. UP 8976 has 61 cars, a few of which were clearly loaded. Train symbol is WLWTGB. 

David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)