Union Pacific CPWNR and MPECL 12-15-23

When I arrived my spot on W. Farmington Road this afternoon after work, a green signal indication encouraged me to stay. Although I heard radio chatter (all static) around 1530 hours, I may have picked up the UP train dispatcher giving CPWNR permission from Crescent Junction north. The train cleared my location at 1615. Video was shot with my Canon SX740 HS at 1080p. 


CAPTION: A Union Pacific train of coal empties rolls across W. Farmington Road near Peoria, Illinois late-afternoon Friday, December 15, 2023. UP 5468 and UP 5997 on the point, and UP 2661 as DPU. Symbol is reportedly CPWNR (Coal, Powerton IL to N. Rochelle Mine WY). 

By the time the coal empties showed up, it was getting dark. Overcast made it darker, so I nearly gave up on MPECL, which I knew hadn't yet entered the mainline at Peoria Junction. I decided to head that way to confirm that it was at the junction. Sure enough, it was. Minutes before I would have given up, the crew received permission to head north. Video shot with my phone camera, which does a better job in low light conditions. 


CAPTION: Union Pacific train MPECL (Manifest, Peoria IL to IA) rolls by Milepost 80 shortly after leaving Adams Street Yard in Peoria, Illinois late-afternoon Friday, December 15, 2023. UP 7021 has 37 cars. 

David p. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)