Union Pacific MPECL 12-26-23

I wasn't expecting Union Pacific's MPECL to leave around the usual time today, given the LPD01 crew didn't work on Monday. I figured they would work late, thus the MPECL crew would be called late. 

When I arrived, the train was strung out onto the Low Line, so I suspected a crew might be aboard. But a BNSF X-SMRPEI (Grain Empties, Summerfield TX to Peoria IL) empty feed train was heading toward the TZPR bridge, so I thought I might have time to grab some video at Hillards.

Fortunately, I had set my scanner to the UP Peoria Sub road channel (161.265mhz, AAR Channel 77), and heard MPECL call the dispatcher as the BNSF train approached my location. So I left before getting blocked by a long and slow train of 100 cars...


CAPTION: Union Pacific train MPECL (Manifest, Peoria IL to Clinton IA) rolls across W. Farmington Road late-afternoon Tuesday, December 26, 2023. UP 6889 has 77 cars. 

David P. Jordan

Comments

  1. United is flying the CRJ-550 to PIA right now per flight aware. You should try to get some pics

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)