Norfolk Southern D49 1-29-24

Armed with the knowledge that Norfolk Southern train D49 had already departed the Tazewell & Peoria Railroad some 30 minutes prior, I left work and high-tailed it down I-74 which gave me just a few minutes to spare. I knew I couldn't get to the crossing into time, I parked on the overpass. Later, I shot a runby as it entered Good Yard. 

So now I caught NS 5199 on Saturday's Iowa Interstate SIPE and on today's Norfolk Southern local!


CAPTION: Norfolk Southern Railway train D49, rolls under Rivian Motorway at Yuton, Illinois as it nears the end of its run from East Peoria mid-afternoon Monday, January 29, 2024. Shortly, the train is shown entering Good Yard in Normal. NS 6343 and NS 6406 have high-hood NS 5199 and 19 cars. 

David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)