Union Pacific MCLPE and Decatur Coal MTs 6-17-24 (UPDATED)

I received a heads up in time to drive past downtown to the W. Farmington Road crossing with one minute to spare before Union Pacific's MCLPE showed up! 

I don't know why it is running so late, but it was good to catch a train movement which normally runs Sunday night/Monday morning and Wednesday night/Thursday morning. 


CAPTION: Union Pacific train MCLPE (Manifest, Clinton IA to Peoria IL) rolls by W. Farmington Road near Peoria, Illinois late-afternoon Monday, June 17, 2024. Running very late for an unknown reason, UP 5767 and UP 7113 have 31 cars. 

After spending time at the downtown library, I made my way toward the Cedar Street Bridge. As I was crossing it, I noticed a westbound hopper train crossing the TZPR bridge, so I turned around and intercepted it.

I knew Union Pacific had called a crew for an empty Decatur coal train delivered to the double track near Pekin this morning by Canadian National. Sure enough, that what is! I went to W. Farmington Road and waited. 


CAPTION: A train of Union Pacific coal empties rolls by W. Farmington Road early evening Monday, June 17, 2024. NS 9771 and NS 9791 have 154 hoppers. Power came with the train out of Decatur, Illinois on Canadian National. 

- David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

PIA - A History: Chicago & Southern Airlines Crash Oct. 21, 1971

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23