Iowa Interstate SIPE, TP&W Transfer to TZPR 7-8-24

I knew Iowa Interstate train SIPE departed Silvis late this morning, so I figured I could catch it after work. 

Sure enough, I caught it in the San Koty area and shot video by the IIllinois Valley Yacht Club entrance road in Peoria Heights, a short distance from the North Limit Yard. 

The crew only finished putting the train away at the Tazewell & Peoria Railroad's East Peoria Yard around 6:00pm, so I doubted this crew would have had time to flip back north with PESI. 


CAPTION: Iowa Interstate manifest SIPE (Silvis IL to Peoria IL) rolls by the Ivy Club entrance in Peoria Heights, Illinois mid-afternoon Monday, July 8, 2024. IAIS 503 and IAIS 502 have 93 cars. 

I happened to be on the Peoria side of the river, confirming that an empty coal train nearing S. Darst Street was a BNSF movement, when I heard a TP&W crew ask permission to deliver cars to the Tazewell & Peoria Railroad's East Peoria Yard. I made it to my favorite spot near W. Washington Street just in time. 



CAPTION: A Toledo, Peoria & Western Railway switch crew rolls a transfer into the Tazewell & Peoria Railroad's East Peoria Yard early-evening Monday, July 8, 2024. Train stopped twice short of W. Washington Street then once more time before entering the yard. TPW 3440 and RCPE 3481 have 27 cars. 

David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

PIA - A History: Chicago & Southern Airlines Crash Oct. 21, 1971

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23