BNSF Near Princeville; TP&W at Morton 8-11-24

After church, I went trackside to BNSF Railway's Chillicothe Subdivision, and found some action almost immediately.


CAPTION: Action at N. Rice Road (just east of Princeville, Illinois) early afternoon Sunday, August 11, 2024. A eastbound BNSF intermodal, westbound manifest (probably H-IHBGAL) and an eastbound autorack train passed my location in a 20-minute period (1235 to 1255 hours). I left just in time to miss another eastbound BNSF intermodal and Union Pacific Z-G4CI, which met at Edelstein!

Mid-afternoon Saturday, I noticed while driving eastbound Interstate 74 through East Peoria that a locomotive and tank car were parked at the west end of the TP&W yard. So I knew a train was coming to Morton soon.
 
Turns out, it was just afternoon noon on Sunday.
 
I wasn't home until after 2:00pm, when the train was already in town. And as usual, I didn't hear the horn until it was leaving (probably Jackson Street, as I found it coupling to the empty tank car already pulled from Fort Transfer). I was, however, able to capture scenes at N. Nebraska, Crandall Junction and N. Main Street. 
 
Most trips these days seem to be made with six-axle power!


CAPTION: A Toledo, Peoria & Western Railway local crew shoves out of Morton, Illinois after swapped one herbicide load for an empty at Fort Transfer Company mid-afternoon Sunday, August 11, 2024. TPW 3443 shoves a single tank car past N. Nebraska Ave, crosses and then takes the connection to Norfolk Southern's Bloomington District, and finally races past N. Main Street. 
 
- David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

PIA - A History: Chicago & Southern Airlines Crash Oct. 21, 1971

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23