Tazewell & Peoria RR Local, Union Pacific MPECL 8-13-24

Shortly after I drove by Adams Street Yard, I picked up quite a bit of radio chatter on the Tazewell & Peoria Railroad's yard channel (160.500), indicating Norfolk Southern D49 and Canadian National's L557 might have been in the East Peoria Yard. I crossed the river and heard a TP&W-BNSF grain train get permission from Farmdale to P&PU Junction, by W. Washington Street, the Nickel Plate and across the river. I saw nothing while there, though I believe the NS local had just cleared Farmdale when the grain train received instructions. 
 
BNSF's M-PEIGAL actually crossed the river ahead of the grain train, but I did not shoot any video, as did not realize what it was in time. Too bad bcause CN 3061 and CN 3334 are on the point! I stuck around to catch a Tazewell & Peoria RR local.


CAPTION: A Tazewell & Peoria Railroad local, probably Industry 3, rolls by Krause Ave enroute from Kickapoo Yard to East Peoria late-afternoon Tuesday, August 13, 2024. TZPR 1352 has eleven cars.
 
After the Tazewell & Peoria RR local cleared, I went to W. Farmington Road, believing I had enough time before the BNSF freight received dispatcher's instructions. Yet I did not see it. Later, I noticed the grain train was stopped on the main track. While it is possible M-PEIGAL bugged out quickly, I wonder if the crew shoved it into the New Long and intended to board the grain train to take west? There are too many trees down there to tell...
 
Finally, the Union Pacific train departed, rolling by Milepost 80 (the old Molitor Junction) about 1800 hours. 


CAPTION: Union Pacific train MPECL (Manifest, Peoria IL to Clinton IA) rolls by Milepost 80 shortly after leaving Adams Street Yard in Peoria, Illinois late-afternoon Tuesday, August 13, 2024. UP 5275 has 55 cars.
 
- David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

PIA - A History: Chicago & Southern Airlines Crash Oct. 21, 1971

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23