TP&W M-EFEP 8-21-24

Around noon, I learned that a westbound TP&W road freight was seen just east of Chenoa. I knew that unless it switched an industry or two enroute, I was not going to see it after work. 

I was going into town anyway, so I drove Rt. 150 and noticed the train stopped on the opposite end of the TP&W's East Peoria Yard.
 
I found the crew ready to shove eight limestone loads into East Peoria Materials/The Rogers Group. So I hoped to catch it pulling the other 66 cars into the yard. Sure enough, they did. The lighting was not good, but I had not seen this train since April 4, so I am not complaining. 


CAPTION: Toledo, Peoria & Western Railway train M-EFEP (Manifest, Effner IL to E. Peoria IL) drops eight limestone loads at East Peoria Materials/The Rogers Group and then leaves engine lite at East Peoria, Illinois late-afternoon Wednesday, August 21, 2024. Shortly, IORY 5014, TPW 5008, CFE 3316, TPW 5015 and TPW 2105 pull the remaining 66 cars into the yard.

David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

PIA - A History: Chicago & Southern Airlines Crash Oct. 21, 1971

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23