Union Pacific MPECL 9-17-24

This afternoon's encounter was quick, which I like.
 
I drove by Adams Street Yard at 3:30pm and noticed it was empty. But I had been hearing chatter on the Union Pacific Peoria Sub channel for a few minutes already, and suspected MPECL was at Peoria Junction waiting for dispatcher's instructions. Sure enough, the green signal indication at W. Farmington Road confirmed my suspicion, so I waited. Minutes later, the gates and flashers activated and MPECL rolled by my position. 


CAPTION: Union Pacific train MPECL (Manifest, Peoria IL to Clinton IA) rolls aby W. Farmington Road shortly after leaving Peoria, Illinois mid-afternoon Tuesday, September 17, 2024. UP 2681 has 39 cars.

- David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

PIA - A History: Chicago & Southern Airlines Crash Oct. 21, 1971

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23