BNSF & UP Intermodals; Union Pacific Powerton Coal - 7-7-24

I don't sit trackside along BNSF Railway's Chillicothe Subdivision as much as I did when I lived 5-6 miles away, but managed to do so Sunday afternoon. I just missed Union Pacific's westbound Z-G4CI, but did see five eastbounds, the fourth of which was Z-CIG4. 

By September, I'll likely make more trips to Princeville to check on boxcars at Seneca Foods Corp. Rebuilt track last year led to a surge in rail shipments, and the local that services them seems to appear in late-afternoon and early-evening. 


CAPTION: Intermodal movements on BNSF Railway Chillicothe Sub action at N. Rice Road, a few miles east of Princeville, Illinois, early- to mid-afternoon Sunday, July 7, 2024. During this period, three BNSF eastbounds, Union Pacific's Z-CIG4 and another BNSF eastbound passed my location. 

On my way home, I captured a Powerton-bound Union Pacifc coal train at Brauer Road at the top of Pioneer Hill. 


CAPTION: A Powerton-bound coal train rolls by the old Pioneer Station area before descending the hill mid-afternoon Sunday, July 7, 2024. UP 5741 and UP 6433 have 135 coal loads. UP 5353 is DPU. 

David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

PIA - A History: Chicago & Southern Airlines Crash Oct. 21, 1971

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23