Union Pacific MPECL 7-19-24

I had my scanner set to the Union Pacific Peoria Sub channel when I left home, so when I heard radio chatter at exactly 1530 hours, I knew I was in business! But when I checked Adams Street Yard, the Low Line was already empty! When I turned around, I could see MPECL's tail end sitting on the Low Line, waiting for dispartcher's instructions to move north from Peoria Junction. 
 
I drove past the old Molitor Junction area just south of Harmon Highway, I could see the approaching train, so I went to W. Farmington Road and waited. Sure enough, the train came by in just a few minutes. 
 
Friday's train had a good mix of Illinois & Midland Railroad, Keokuk Junction Railway, Tazewell & Peoria Railroad and Toledo, Peoria & Western Railway traffic, including zinc oxide, wheels and alcohol loads. 


CAPTION: Union Pacific train MPECL (Manifest, Peoria IL to Clinton IA) rolls by W. Farmington Road shortly after departure from Adams Street Yard in Peoria, Illinois mid-afternoon Friday, July 19, 2024. UP 3086 and UP 7791 have 70 cars. 
 
- David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

PIA - A History: Chicago & Southern Airlines Crash Oct. 21, 1971

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23