Union Pacific MPECL, TP&W M-EPEF 8-23-24 (Updated)

I did not have to wait for very long this afternoon for my most frequent encounter. Short train today, but that is okay. 


CAPTION: Union Pacific train MPECL (Manifest, Peoria IL to Clinton IA) rolls by W. Farmington Road shortly after departing Adams Street Yard in Peoria, Illinois late-afternoon Friday, August 23, 2024. UP 8841 has 28 cars.

UPDATE: While at the downtown library this afternoon, I learned that an eastbound TP&W road freight was approaching Washington. Given the speed restriction to Cruger, I figured I could get ahead of it, which I did. 


CAPTION: Toledo, Peoria & Western Railway train M-EPEF (Manifest, E. Peoria IL to Effner IL) rolls by Cruger, Illinois early-evening Friday, August 23, 2024. HESR 3485, IORY 5013, TPW 5010 and TPW 3440 have 44 cars.

- David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

PIA - A History: Chicago & Southern Airlines Crash Oct. 21, 1971

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23