TP&W East Peoria Switcher 10-10-24

Shorter days of October mean fewer encounters with local rail action, but I have come across two trains, four days apart, in the same location in East Peoria. 
 
Sunday afternoon, I was driving eastbound Interstate 74 when I encountered an empty Union Pacific grain train (with TP&W crew). On Thursday afternoon, I exited eastbound Interstate 74 onto southbound N. Main Street when I heard a locomotive horn and saw the flashers activitate. Fortunately, I was able to turn left after the train cleared and shot video the same place I did the TP&W-UP train on Sunday.


CAPTION: A Toledo, Peoria & Western Railway East Peoria Switcher (EP3?) rolls by E. Washington Street shortly before entering the yard late-afternoon Thursday, October 10, 2024. TZPR 2133 has six cars there were picked up at Collier Yard in Bartonville.

- David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bartlett Grain Co. LP to Build Elevator on UP Peoria Sub!

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

PIA - A History: Chicago & Southern Airlines Crash Oct. 21, 1971