TP&W M-Train 7-22-26
I had to work until 5:00pm today, but managed to catch a westbound TP&W road freight between Secor and Eureka. My first attempt failed as a cloud hid the sun for most of the train's passage. I got it again at the crossing adjacent the Evergreen FS plant. I again attempted a runby at Cruger, but the train paused here for a crew change. I had other plans, so I went home.
CAPTION: A westbound Toledo, Peoria Western Railway "M-Train" passes the Evergreen FS fertilizer facility east of Eureka, Illinois late-afternoon Wednesday, July 22, 2026. A short time later, the train pulls up to Cruger for a crew change. IORY 3492, TPW 3443, IORY 3472 and TZPR 2133 have 95 cars.
As usual, I checked an earlier video and can match eleven cars to a Hoosierlift-Luthy (siding east of Monticello) turn I caught Sunday on its westbound return run. (Information is not 100% certain, but very likely).
CCLX 819 (sorbitol empty from NS at Logansport, to Mapleton)
AEX 8193 (DDGS from The Andersons at Clymers, to IMRR)
OFOX 460315 (DDGS from The Andersons at Clymers, to IMRR)
LANX 8121 (DDGS from The Andersons at Clymers, to IMRR)
WFRX 852455 (DDGS from The Andersons at Clymers, to IMRR)
OCFX 217499 (nitrogen empty) to BNSF
UTLX 662488 (nitrogen empty) to BNSF
NCIX 6622 (plastic empty, destination N/A)
UTLX 675754 (distillers corn oil from The Andersons at Clymers, to BNSF)
CBTX 722015 (distillers corn oil from The Andersons at Clymers, to BNSF)
CTCX 729039 (distillers corn oil from The Andersons at Clymers, to BNSF)
CCLX 819 (sorbitol empty from NS at Logansport, to Mapleton)
AEX 8193 (DDGS from The Andersons at Clymers, to IMRR)
OFOX 460315 (DDGS from The Andersons at Clymers, to IMRR)
LANX 8121 (DDGS from The Andersons at Clymers, to IMRR)
WFRX 852455 (DDGS from The Andersons at Clymers, to IMRR)
OCFX 217499 (nitrogen empty) to BNSF
UTLX 662488 (nitrogen empty) to BNSF
NCIX 6622 (plastic empty, destination N/A)
UTLX 675754 (distillers corn oil from The Andersons at Clymers, to BNSF)
CBTX 722015 (distillers corn oil from The Andersons at Clymers, to BNSF)
CTCX 729039 (distillers corn oil from The Andersons at Clymers, to BNSF)
You can see the "Luthy Turn" here:
CAPTION: A westbound Toledo, Peoria & Western Railway local arrived back at the Hoosierlift near Remington, Indiana around noon Sunday, July 19, 2026. Train probably had just completed a "Luthy Turn." TPW 3441 and IORY 3472 have 39 cars.
David P. Jordan
Comments
Post a Comment