Iowa Interstate PESI 8-18-26

I worked until 5pm again today, and thought I'd miss 510 leading PESI out of town. By the time I left work, however, I saw nothing on PESI, so I hoped it had not left yet. I went into East Peoria and heard the Tazewell & Peoria Railroad Manager of Operations (MOP)  tell them they could "blast off." 

I missed it crossing the river, so I settled for Chicago Street by BioUrja Renewables LLC's Peoria distillery. I chased it to Mossville, getting another full runby at San Koty and a short video at Mossville. 

The vast majority of PESI's consist was made up of empties, lasting containing mash (from ADM), corn (probably from Alto-Pekin?), potash (probably from TP&W?), etc., but there were also a dozen (eight- and four-car blocks) of gondolas that are probably iron oxide loads from TP&W. 


CAPTION: Iowa Interstate Railroad Ltd. manifest PESI (Peoria IL to Silvis IL) rolls by BioUrja Renewables LLC's Peoria, Illinois distillery late-afternoon Tuesday, August 18, 2026. Later, the train rolls along home rails at San Koty. A brief runby at Mossville concludes this video.  IAIS 510, displaying an "America 250" emblem, and IAIS 153 have 113 cars (19 loads, 94 empties).

- David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Union Pacific Re-Routes Freight Down Peoria Subdivision 2-16-18

PIA - A History: Events of 1991

PIA - A History: Events of 1980