BNSF M-GALPEI, TZPR Industry 4, Union Pacific MCLPE 9-9-26
List,
It is always good to see one of the local G&W shortlines working. This job crossed the river with empty tank cars for BioUrja and BNSF's M-GALPEI waited its turn to cross the river.
CAPTION: The Tazewell & Peoria Railroad's "Industry 4" crosses the Illinois River into Peoria, Illinois late-afternoon Wednesday, September 9, 2026. TPW 2105 has ten cars for the West Yard.
I was surprised to see BNSF run an M-GALPEI on Wednesday when it ran (and flipped back as M-PEIGAL) on Tuesday. Tuesday's train would have run Monday if not for the Labor Day holiday. I'm not complaining though. Maintaining frequency is a good thing...
CAPTION: BNSF Railway train M-GALPEI (Manifest, Galesburg IL to Peoria IL) rolls by Pottstown, Illinois late-afternoon Wednesday, September 9, 2026. Later, the train is shown on the Tazewell & Peoria Railroad near Bridge Junction enroute to East Peoria. BNSF 7825 and BNSF 6871 have 22 cars.
I learned that an empty Union Pacific Powerton coal train, having just departed the Illinois & Midland Railroad at Crescent, was to hold on the double track at Pioneer Hill, and wait for MCLPE to pass. So I headed the north end of Edelstein Siding and waited. Finally, after the sun had already set, MCLPE showed up.
CAPTION: Union Pacific train MCLPE (Manifest, Clinton IA to Peoria IL) rolls toward Edelstein Siding enroute to Peoria, Illinois early evening Wednesday, September 9, 2026. UP 4746, running long hood forward, has 36 cars.
- David P. Jordan
Comments
Post a Comment