Union Pacific MCLPE 9-2-26
After work today, I planning to check out Bartlett Grain Co's recently-completed "El Camino" (Sheffield) elevator on Union Pacific's Peoria Subdivision, but when I saw the green signal indication for a southbound at Edelstein, I decided to follow the line closely in hopes of catching a train movement.
Tall corn can obstruct trains where there are no parallel roads, so my progress was slow. On Sundays and Wednesdays, there is always a possibility that MCLPE will run early, and this Wednesday it did. Turns out, had I gone to El Camino first thing, I would have gotten both, and in better lighting.
Train consist is typical. Notables are four salt boxcars for TP&W and five corn syrup loads (one as first car, used as a buffer for an empty alcohol tank car) consigned to TZPR-served PMP Fermentation. A lone empty Ozinga (OZIX) 2-bay covered hopper indicates Union Pacific is getting some outbound cement materials (slag and coal ash) business.
Tall corn can obstruct trains where there are no parallel roads, so my progress was slow. On Sundays and Wednesdays, there is always a possibility that MCLPE will run early, and this Wednesday it did. Turns out, had I gone to El Camino first thing, I would have gotten both, and in better lighting.
Train consist is typical. Notables are four salt boxcars for TP&W and five corn syrup loads (one as first car, used as a buffer for an empty alcohol tank car) consigned to TZPR-served PMP Fermentation. A lone empty Ozinga (OZIX) 2-bay covered hopper indicates Union Pacific is getting some outbound cement materials (slag and coal ash) business.
CAPTION: Union Pacific train MCLPE (Manifest, Clinton IA to Peoria IL), usually nocturnal, rolls along the Peoria Subdivision early evening Wednesday, September 2, 2026. Locations are Storage Siding (Broadmoor), Camp Grove and Edelstein. UP 4748, running long hood forward, has 37 cars.
- David P. Jordan
Comments
Post a Comment