Union Pacific MPECL 9-15-26

A late departure enabled me to capture MPECL after work Tuesday, just like the good old days before November 2024...

This train had 28 empty covered hoppers on the head end that are of the type used for trona shipments to NRG Energy's Powerton Station. 

Behind these were six loaded corn syrup tank cars, and nine more further back. These are almost certainly from the Keokuk Junction Railway-served Roquette America's Keokuk, Iowa wet corn refinery. If so, routing is KJRY-UP. 

I don't think I've seen that many loaded corn syrup tank cars on MPECL since winter 2022 when Roquette shifted business temporarily to KJRY-UP when BNSF was threatened with a labor strike. 


CAPTION: Union Pacific MPECL (Manifest, Peoria IL to Clinton IA) rolls by W. Farmington Road shortly after leaving Adams Street Yard in Peoria, Illinois mid-afternoon Tuesday, September 15, 2026. Later, the train crests Pioneer Hill on Peoria's northwest side. UP 5726 has 71 cars.

- David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Union Pacific Re-Routes Freight Down Peoria Subdivision 2-16-18

PIA - A History: Events of 1991

20 Years of the Pioneer Industrial Railway Part I (Updated)